Friday, October 9, 2015

Day Eight: Create Communities One Friend at A Time!

One of my favorite aspects of “Doing Community Well” are the friendships that develop because of the communities we are involved in.  Or, sometimes, you start out with a group of friends that become an amazing community that others want to be a part of.  Whether the friends came first or the community came first, God gives us opportunities to do life with others. 

I am blessed to have a lot of friends and I am so grateful for these amazing women God has put into my life – they have encouraged me; helped me grow; pointed me to Jesus; cried with me; made tough times easier for me; and just make life more fun!  I know that many women struggle with making friends, or expanding their communities beyond their comfort zone, so reading about how to be the friend you want just may be the answer if this is an area you struggle in.

One of these amazing women God has blessed me with is my friend, Ginger Harrington, who is a blogger, writer, author, speaker, wife to a Marine, mother to both two-legged and four-legged peeps, and is a seriously fun friend.  


Over in Ginger’s Corner:  Where the Spiritual Meets the Practical you will find today’s guest post as Ginger shares tips on how to be a great friend.  She even asks us “Do You Have the Gift of Girlfriend?”  As you read Ginger’s post think about how you can take one of yesterday’s tip, Be Intentional, and incorporate one of Ginger’s 14 tips on “How To Be the Friend You Want to Have”.

After leaving a comment on Ginger's blog come back here and just let me know what you thought of her take on friendship and her tips or just let me know that you were able to take the time to read it!! Thanks for your love and support!!!

5 comments:

stuckinindiana said...

Loved your friends post on friendship. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tara Ulrich said...

I've been so blessed by amazing friends too.

Chelle said...

I struggle with making friends too for various reasons. But now I choose to focus more on being a friend to others than wanting them to be a friend to me, it's way less stressful that way for me! Thx for sharing :D

Jennifer Dempsey said...

I am grateful for the true friends in my life as well. Enjoyed your post!

Laura Gambrino said...

You shared one of her tips not too long ago that I took to heart; practice playing second fiddle. I applied that by being intentional to encourage someone in being first fiddle. When we play second fiddle we continue to build our tribe.