Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 13: Find Your Tribe Part One


There are a lot of quotes about Tribes.  There is a lot of talk about Tribes.  There is at least one book that was written about finding your Tribe – Seth wrote “Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us”.

“A tribe is a group of people connected to one another, connected to a leader, and connected to an idea. For millions of years, human beings have been part of one tribe or another. A group needs only two things to be a tribe: a shared interest and a way to communicate.” ― Seth Godin

Seth Godin argues the Internet has ended mass marketing and revived a human social unit from the distant past: tribes. Founded on shared ideas and values, tribes give ordinary people the power to lead and make big change. He urges us to do so.  


So what does it all mean?

Finding your TRIBE will help you really start enjoying the concept of “doing community well”.

I’d love to say that it’s as easy as finding a few cool quotes about finding your Tribe and then you’re Tribe would appear.  However, you are smarter than that!!! 

It may not be easy to find your Tribe.
It may take a while to find your Tribe.
It may get messy while finding your Tribe.
However, I promise it will be worth it!!!
Trust me!!!
We’ll start the adventure of “finding” our Tribe tomorrow!

3 comments:

Mary Hill said...

I have the need of a tribe, but I believe God is putting me with one: women Christian bloggers who want to fire up the Internet with His Gospel. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read part 2.

Tara Ulrich said...

I love that I'm finding my tribe!

Laura Mitchell said...

I didn't know what this really all meant this time last year but I'm finding it and Ian so thankful for you and my tribe!!!