Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 9: Transitioning Tip - Take a break!


Today will be short because I am going to take my own advice and take a break!  I started today's post this morning, like the 8 mornings before this, and it just wasn't coming together - so I took a break.

Usually it does me a lot of good to walk away from something that is frustrating me or just not coming together.  Sometimes my break is just a quick one - I will step outside for some fresh air; or tackle a small item on my to-do list - that takes less than 10 minutes;  or drink some tea.

Other breaks are longer - like today's break from writing.  The hubs was ready for lunch so we went out and enjoyed some time together where we didn't have to make a decision and it didn't require unpacking a box.  We just moved, so we are surrounded by boxes and sometimes you need a break from them as well.

Once we returned from a fabulous lunch, I unpacked a few boxes so I could feel productive.  Then I spent some time on the phone with a friend.  By the time I was done talking with my sweet peep I had decided that my intended post was not going to get composed today.

Instead, I am taking a much needed break and I am going to hang out with my hubs!!!  Here's a fun picture, of a friend's sweet dog, to remind us to take a break and play some ball; hug your dog; watch some TV or take a nap!!!!  I give you permission to have some fun or rest!!!


What do you like to do when you take a break from a project or something that is frustrating you?

4 comments:

camille said...

I love it! I also love that your blog post is just a description of what you did for your break. It's a nice reminder that sometimes that's just the thing you need.

HurricaneMurphGirl said...

When I want to take a break from everything, I usually pick up either a book or my latest crochet project. Both of these are great stress-relievers for me.

Tricia said...

Isn't it amazing how often we forget to just ease up on ourselves in the midst of expectations?! I'm so glad that you had a beautiful, restful day! And your pup is so sweet! Thank you so much for joining me in my Joy link up.

xo*tricia

Ginger Harrington said...

So smart to take that break when we need it. Ultimately it makes us more productive...and happier!