Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 27 “Transitioning Well is A CHOICE!”

I love quotes!  I use them when I blog; I write them in my planner; I include them in my scrapbooks; I buy signs with my favorite quotes on them.  Quotes obviously inspire me!!!  I came across one of my favorite quotes recently and I love it because of the potential in the quote!

"The life you have led 
doesn't need to be the 
only life you'll have." 

Ann Quindlen

I think whether we are transitioning or going through a challenging time we would be wise to remember that it is not always going to be like this.  In my case, I won’t always be surrounded by unpacked boxes.  I won’t always need directions or reminders to get to some of my favorite places.  I won’t always be the new woman in church or at a local scrap booking event.  I also won’t always feel so out of sorts or overwhelmed.  Think about your list of challenges and write them down. 

The good news is that none of these things will be true about my life over the next few months because I am making a choice to move forward and leave them behind.  I will have unpacked all the boxes.  I will make friends and invite the new ones into whatever we are doing so they won’t feel alone.  I will have driven the same way for many months and know it by memorization.  What will be different about your life in a few months due to a positive outlook?

I know this is easier said than done but I know that we can chose our thoughts and choosing positive thoughts will make a HUGE difference in our lives.  I know this to be true for many reasons.  My favorite reason is because of three remarkable women in our history chose to do the same.
Anne Frank was young; was a Jew during a time that this was not popular to be one; she had to hide because of her heritage.  I believe she knows a little about misery yet she chose to see the beauty still around her.

 “This is what the past is for!  Every experience God gives us, 
every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation 
for the future that only He can see.” 
Corrie ten Boom

Corrie ten Boom also knew the misery that Anne Frank knew – she even went to prison for helping Jews though she was not Jewish.  Yet she chose to focus on God’s purpose and trusted her future to Him – and what an amazing future she had.  She lived to be 91 years old.


 Mother Teresa saw misery all around her and chose to do something about it.  She chose to get up and make a difference instead of wallowing in her own challenges or being overwhelmed by what was going on in the world at that time.

I think we can all agree that these three women made a huge impact on our world.  Why?  Because they made a positive choice.  And we can do the same.

Are you willing to focus on the beauty that still remains?  Are you willing to trust that God will use your past and give you a future filled with hope?  Are you willing to focus on today, the only present we have, and just begin?  

We have a choice!  How will you choose today?  Will you transition well?  Overcome your challenges? Or will you dwell on your circumstances?

Please share your thoughts or experiences with me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, I love quotes too and you chose some good ones.

takethesemoments said...

I love quotes too! :) This post was so great. And I'm here to say that after transitioning through a huge move overseas 2 years ago that we've arrived. The beauty has replaced the hard and it is a wonderful place to be. Thanks for sharing!! I wish I could have had this post to read during the hard days of transition at the beginning!

Cindy Swanson said...

Love your quotes from these amazing, inspiring women!

Larissa, what kind of name is Traquair? It's such a unique name!

donna oshaughnessy said...

AH...transition can be a....well a challenge :). Over the course of my married life {25 years but 31 with my guy :) } we have had several opportunities of transition.
Some I handled well. Others? Hmmm? Not so much 0_0!
All in all your words are true. Each opportunity to transition comes with it a choice to rejoice or a grumble.
So glad you are seeking positive responses to your current transition!
Wonderful words today!
\0/

jenniferbuell said...

I love quotes too. Good encouragement. Keep going, fellow 31 Dayer!

blestbutstrest said...

Focusing on the positive is so very important --thank you for the quote from women who have experienced so much more pain and agony that I ever have--they're great 'whine checks' ;). Thank for linking up at Inspire Me Mondays!

Carol Bovee said...

Such a great reminder that we can choose how we deal with life! Glad you linked up with Inspire Me Mondays!

Ruth said...

I see such a daily difference of choosing positive outcomes. It also makes a world of difference in not only my life but all those I come into contact with.
Thanks

Kimberly S. Schroeder said...

Transitions have been difficult for me. I've learned that with God I don't have to be afraid and I can look at it as a challenge and a fresh start. I "get" a fresh schedule, fresh house and new adventure.

Super easy to say though difficult to practice.