Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 24 “Transition Well - Dependence on God’s Word”


Some days I just need to keep things simple and God reminded me that if I can do only one thing today, it’s to meditate on His Word.  Whether I am going through a transition, a challenging time, or even when things are really good, He reminded me to think on:


My Bible notes say this about Philippians 4:8-9: Paul understood the influence of one’s thoughts on one’s life.  What a person allows to occupy his mind will sooner or later determine his speech and his action.  Paul’s exhortation to “think about such things” is followed by a second exhortation, “put it into practice”.  The combination of virtues listed in verses 8-9 is sure to produce a wholesome thought pattern, which in turn will result in a life of moral and spiritual excellence.

My goal today is to be careful what occupies my thoughts, focus on what is praiseworthy, and put God’s word into practice!!!!

What is your go to scripture verse when you are transitioning or going through a challenge?

5 comments:

Amanda Simkin said...

I love the picture on your main page--looks delish!

Romi C said...

My go to verse is "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

Maxine said...

I went through a difficult time earlier this year and this text brought me so much comfort.

Philippians 4:6.7 - Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
It's Soul Food, food for my soul!

emptynestabundantlife.com said...

Congratulations on your hubby's impending retirement, Larissa! I love your blog.

My favorite verse in hard times is Hebrews 13:5b, "For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Aren't we blessed to have an awesome God!

Julie Kieras said...

I have been through a very difficult year of failed pregnancy and infertility... I just keep holding onto verses like "I know the plans I have for you..." and "His way is perfect" (I don't know if I quoted those right, sorry!)...just trying to stay focused on the fact that no matter what there IS a happy ending!!