Saturday, October 11, 2014

Day 11 Transitioning Tip #2 – Trust God despite Your Circumstances


Many of us have read or memorized Proverbs 3:5-7 and I wonder if we really know what God is saying to us?  In my NIV Bible notes it describes “Trust in the LORD” as committing your ways to the Lord (Psalm 37:5), like Israel’s forefathers, who trusted in God and were rescued (Psalm 22:4-5). 

As my NIV notes continue it uses the account of Caleb’s “following of God wholeheartedly” in Numbers 14:24 to define “with all your heart”!

So just these two notes makes me ask myself, “Have I committed all my ways to the Lord and am I following Him wholeheartedly, with every fiber in my body”, despite my circumstances? 


Great food for thought on this rainy Saturday morning as I continue to pray for a few friends who are struggling and as I continue to settle in my new home, in a new area, where the hubs and I believe, wholeheartedly, that God has brought us to!  As I ache for one particular friend, am I really “trusting in the Lord” in their circumstances?  As I unpack box after box in my new home, am I preparing a place, with a heart for God, to invite others in to see Jesus?  I will meditate on these questions for sure!

I welcome your thoughts on this verse and how God has used it to speak to you in your life!


4 comments:

Laura Gambrino said...

And lean not on your own understanding is something in those verses upon which I meditate. Lean...hm, how am I leaning today? What is my perspective? Am I resting on Jesus and letting Him guide me or am I leaning on myself? I picture myself on a ledge and leaning towards a great fall, so that is a good way to apply the lean not on myself. Do I consider how the Lord is working in each situation in my life? As I listen and respond to those who are hurting in my life with godly wisdom because I seek His direction or am I ready to take up their offense as though my doing so would bring about any good encouragement. Likewise, as I celebrate the joy of happy circumstances with my friends or myself do I lean on how we have made such good fortune for ourselves as though we are to be credited for doing so? Do I give honor and attention to how the Lord has worked in our situations? If I have the right focus I believe I am following and acknowledging the Lord, He will make us a straight path.
Thank you Larissa for reminding us of a great and encouraging passage! I will sing the song today that I learned in church...hum along if you like :) Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding... in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your path :)

BARBIE said...

Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Brew so that I could find your post. I just wrote this morning about how I am fighting fear and learning to trust. Unemployment is hard, but I choose to believe God will bring me through. Have a blessed weekend.

Faith said...

Yes! "Trust not in your own understanding" so true!

momsanrn said...

One of my favorite verses. I need to read this one every morning and again before bed. I am obviously not trusting and trying to understand too much!