Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thursday's Tidbits

Before I begin I have to admit that I'm in a little bit of a funk. I won't go into it right now but I just couldn't get my act together to post last Thursday. Now it feels like I haven't posted in months - ugh!!!! But as they say, put one foot in front of the other.........................

Last Thursday was the end of Jenny's birthday week. We did a little something everyday to celebrate and I will probably post separately on that one. Today, though, we enjoyed our Cocok's pedicure.


The green toes, at the bottom, are mine. These pictures do not do this artwork any justice!!

Ginger acting shy while we wait for our appointment. We were running late so we had to eat on the fly - gotta love Subway!!!

What is interesting about life is that it keeps rolling by whether you want it to or not. And whether your car starts or not. Whether you are driving your own vehicle or have to swap with the hubs because he lent yours out. Whether you are having a good or bad hair day, whether your toes look great or not, life just keeps on rolling. And when you have fun and creative friends to roll with you just almost don't care. Ginger is one of those friends. She offers to sing "Happy Birthday" with three selection choices - Opera, Country or Cartoon. Not sure what cartoon sounds like but Jenny picked opera and I thought we were all going to pee our pants. I can say that because this is my blog and it is true. Ginger laughed so hard after we finished singing that I thought all her mascara was going to roll right off her face! After I recovered from this rendition of Happy Birthday and made it home in one piece, while driving Bill's car, we finished our night out by watching the new season of "Pushing Daisies" - we love this series and though this is their last season we will enjoy it 'til the very last episode.

Ginger can always bring a smile to my face!
Friday's have been reserved for my friend Dasha. We have only been friends for a few months and now they are preparing to leave the island in October. Again, I'm reminded that this is how the Marine Corps rolls. So in rolling fashion we have set aside a day every week to cram in anything and everything possible. Sometimes we scrapbook, sometimes we are productive, sometimes we burn bacon and other times we spend all our time together on our computers - gotta love modern technology and flexible friends!!!! Jenny joined us today as she closed out her birthday week with one last present and lunch with us. She even stayed long enough to create a Mii and play on my Wii while I sat on the couch as her coach - I'm so good at Coach Couching!!!! I'm even better at laughing hysterically when her Mii rolls into a snowball on the ski jump balance game. Then the hubs and I continued our James Bond marathon with Roger Moore in "For Your Eyes Only".

Dasha, or Dash A as Bill likes to call her, and I at Marino's for Saturday Night Dinner.

Saturday found me with a cold or allergies, staying home all morning trying to catch up while the hubs was on the golf course. We reunited over lunch, took a nippy nap, did laundry, yada, yada, blah!!!!! In the evening we joined our Saturday Night crew at Kitakaisen - our favorite izakaya for eating sushi and soy beans and hanging out with friends.

Just being goofy!!!

I took Bill to the airport on Sunday so he could begin his long trek back to Virginia for a work-related conference. He was so excited that it only took him 10 minutes to get through the check-in process and security. And that's not all, as a frequent flyer he also got bumped up to Business Class where he was served OJ in an actual glass not plastic and his water cup was never empty. I finished working on my Fruit of the Spirit bible study and IM'd a highschool friend on facebook.


Monday found me suffering from a potential migraine that I nipped in the bud with Pepsi and vitamin M - it almost works everytime!!! I had lunch with my new neighbor who's husband is now Bill's new boss. I worked on my to-do list the rest of the day, chatted briefly with Bill and called it a night!!!

Tuesday is almost always predictable, which I love. As our bible study classes are coming to a close in a few weeks I start to get reflective and grateful that God continues to allow me to facilitate some of the best studies ever written with incredible, encouraging women who take the journey with me. God is so good and worthy of all our praise!!!!


On Wednesday I was blessed beyond belief by my new friend, Cathy. She had offered to come and get the dogs yesterday and today so that I didn't have to rush home to take them out. Not only did she walk them today, but they got to spend the entire day in her yard, with grass. And if that was not enough, she brought home two tired pups who had recently been bathed. Who does that for an almost stranger? Cathy does. She lived out my bible study today by blessing me and releaving so much stress. Now both pups smell fruity-fresh and may shed one less dog hair because they deposited it in her yard!!! My house is clean, too, because of my sweet mamasan so that leaves me to work on my never-ending to-do list!!!!


Happy Thursday ya'll - see you next week!!!!

2 comments:

K_dubzzz said...

Hope you get out of your funk soon! I love that you and Dasha are sucking up every last bit of friendship before October. :-)

Anonymous said...

What absolutely cute pictures of you and friends and the best son in law in the world. I like your toes too. Love YOU! Mom