Monday, July 13, 2009

Finding Nemo

Nemo is our surprise I promised to share in last week's post and I couldn't wait
until this Thursday to spill the beans!

Nemo's two biggest fans - the Hanson twins!!

Nemo's family, The Hansons, are pcsing this summer. Due to Nemo's breed and the heat conditions he is not able to join them right now. We only have custody of him temporarily until we find someone flying back to the states in September. Then he'll be reunited with his family in Cuba. Mike just recently retired from the Marine Corps and is taking a civilian job that will take the whole family to Cuba.

Here we are celebrating Valentine's Day with Mike and Toni Hanson at Sam's By The Sea!

Until then, he is a part of our family and Socks has taken to him well. I believe she is so use to having a large dog around that it's normal for her to have Nemo here. He is a 6 year old boxer, weighing in at around 70lbs. It's weird to have a large breed in the house again. Especially in this apartment where his size is highly noticeable in the kitchen, my office, the bathroom and on the stairs. He truly sticks out like a sore thumb!


He is getting use to our schedule and we are getting use to his interesting habits. He lays in different areas than Socks likes to lay, he doesn't like to pass her in the hallway so he'll wine until I get Socks to move. He breathes heavier than Socks and isn't a light sleeper. Whenever I move, he has to move. I know Socks does this when she is staying with our friends - I think it's normal in the beginning as they get to know their new surroundings!!!


Nemo does this "dance" when he gets excited - like he is trying to touch his nose to his tail. This picture doesn't do it justice but I love the tongue action!!!

All in all, it's going well with our new addition!!! I just tried to get a photo of the two of them together and it's just not working right now. Like herding cats or butterflies!!!! I'm sure there will be more Nemo stories to tell as the weeks pass by!!


See you Thursday!!!!

3 comments:

K_dubzzz said...

Nemo is in good hands! How fun for Socks to have a couple months of sleepovers! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love Nemo's dance, reminds me of Elaines dancing on the old Jerry Seinfelt show. What cutie pie tho. Judy M.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

He is adorable!!! I can only imagine having one that big in an apartment!!! Two in my house is more than enough!!
Have fun!!!

Pamela