Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Turning Forty - Pride & Prejudice


It’s really hard to come up with a great title for this blog when the movie title says it all!!! The hubs is on a roll my friends!!! The outside of today’s note is titled “My Favorite Fellow Movie Watcher” and it reads: “Five hours of viewing you will need to set aside. As a Marine I’ll watch it and swallow my pride. I have been told by many this movie you can’t miss. Colin Firth in the A & E version of Pride & Prejudice.”

I have wanted this version of P & P for over a year now and I can’t wait to watch it. We do own the Keira Knightley version, which is good if you only have 2 hrs. and 9 minutes to spare. But, if you are blessed with a rainy, overcast day than stay in your jammies, snuggle with your favorite movie buff, keep your favorite snacks in arms reach and prepare to be captivated by “one of the greatest love stories of all time.” Pride & Prejudice is “based on the beloved masterpiece by Jane Austen, and is the classic tale of love and misunderstanding that sparkles with romance, wit and emotional force.”


It’s really hard to do this move any justice so you just have to see it for yourself. For those of you who watch it every year or own it, than enough said, right?I love Bill’s timing as I just watched the Keira Knightley version with Jenny a couple of weekends ago and I was telling her I had to get the A & E version so we could waste away a cold and windy day watching this movie. I do have to take this opportunity to do a big SHOUT OUT to my friend, Lacey, brand new, proud grandmother, who first shared this gem of a movie with me. We watched the movie in two segments, which I do not recommend. The suspense will kill you, trust me!!! You can take a potty break, or any number of food related breaks but give yourself the day to watch it – you won’t regret it!!

Here is one of my favorite scenes in the movie:


Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.


Elizabeth Bennet: I don't understand.


Mr Darcy: I love you.

2 comments:

Me said...

Stranger alert ;) I linked to you from Daniella because you said you were doing the "assignment". I will have to find some time and read about your two weeks of birthday - I read the first couple posts (I love P&P too - in fact, my favorite scene is the one you quoted - so hot) anyway - I was crackin' up at the poems your husband wrote. It was so fun to feel the love and I don't even know you! For me there is almost nothing better than hearing about couples who love each other so devotedly even after a number of years. Congratulations!

bon

K_dubzzz said...

Apparently I am missing out! I've never seen this movie. I'll have to put it on my "long term to do list" as I don't see it happening soon.

I can't imagine how very loved you feel right now! ENJOY THIS TIME!