Saturday, April 4, 2009

Turning Forty - It's In The Bag




The gift of laughter is priceless and my husband is an expert in this area! Today’s gift will need a little explaining.




Since I have been home the past two days the hubs has had to be even more creative when leaving the day’s gift in the gift spot – a.k.a. our pub table. I was in my office typing away when dear old hubs came home from golf. He placed today’s gift in its allotted spot and went on his way. As I finally reached the kitchen area I was a little perplexed. As you can see, the bag reads Couch, Couch, Couch, etc. So I thought it was a message to go to the couch, though I had just passed our couch to get to the bag and didn’t see anything unusual. I went to the couch and saw nothing “gifty” so I went back to the Couch Bag – then it hit me. The hubs has an unusual habit of changing names, words, etc. This could be viewed as a form of nick naming things. So Couch, Couch, Couch represents Coach, Coach, Coach. Being that it’s attached to an environmentally friendly Trader Joes bag it’s suppose to look like a purse. Once I figured it out I thought I was going to pee my pants I laughed so hard. That would have been gift enough but I’m certainly not going to turn away a new purse. Inside is just a blown up grocery bag, not environmentally friendly, to give my Couch bag some body. Today’s note read:




One bag, two bag, three bag, four
So much stuff that we need one more
Red one, black one, green one, or blue
Which one to buy I haven’t a clue?
Gucci, Dior, Prada or Coach
A stylish look above reproach
Big one, small one, medium size too
Pick one yourself from me to you!





Now, lest all you ladies drool over such an extravagant gift, I will not be purchasing one of those name brands that are followed by an enormous price tag. We do carry those types of bags over here but I will be very content with an off-brand bag as long as it is super, stinkin' cute!!! Let the search begin!!

3 comments:

Dian said...

LOVE IT!

K_dubzzz said...

I was just looking at purses yesterday as mine got bbq beef juice on it, don't ask. LOL There are some cute ones!!!!

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

LOVE IT!!!