Sunday, April 5, 2009

Turning Forty - How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You!


Today’s blog will be short and sweet with the pun very intentionally placed. My “treat” for today was cinnamon buns from Cinnabon – note the two extra cups of white deliciousness. I love the irony as this store opened late in our first tour on Okinawa and I could not wait to eat there. I’m not sure I had ever eaten at a Cinnabon before one came to Okinawa sometime between 1998 and 2002. I’m actually not going to enjoy today’s treat until tomorrow morning because today was bonus gift day at the House of Traquair. Over 15 years of marriage has afforded Bill the opportunity to learn that I am a people person and I love to eat out. Combine the two and he has one happy spouse in the house. The note read: Sticky buns for my honey buns. Love Ya, Bill


Bill woke me up at 7:45 a.m. this morning and told me that we were leaving at 8:45 a.m. This is earlier than we need to leave for church so I knew I was in for a “treat”. I was hoping that Mister Donut was our breakfast destination but the real surprise was who was waiting there for us when we arrived. Mister Donut is yummy but nothing makes our favorite donut, Angel Cream, taste better than enjoying it with the Sutton family. Jen, Stephen and their two boys love it there almost as much as we do so I was excited to see that they were a part of today’s gift. I already posted on here regarding eating at Mister Donut so I won’t bore you with the details. If I was really savvy I would know how to include a link to the post but I have not learned that yet!!!! Anyway, suffice to say that I enjoyed my morning donut and ice coffee with great friends and a wonderful spouse on the side. A great way to start Palm Sunday!!!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

This is so PRECIOUS! I hadn't read your blog in a while (I forget these days!) What wonderful ideas that Bill has come up with to celebrate, and what sweet ways he's expressed himself! Of course-the way that you retell the stories is even more priceless! My husband turns 60 (OMG) in October. I wonder if I could come up with some neat ideas to help him celebrate for two weeks before, and, if I come up with the ideas, how will I express them to him?

Give Bill a hug for me-he's awesome!

Blake and Hollie said...

WOW and YUMMY! Has your husband always been this clever? Maybe yours can give some lessons. I like the message, so sweet (literally).

Mishka said...

You guys are so cute...happy birthday Larissa...I didn't know it was even coming up...

K_dubzzz said...

I've never eaten at Mister Donut, not that I need to. I'll have to try it once before we leave the island in 2 1/2 years!

Congrats on the sticky buns. :-)