Thursday, April 9, 2009

Turning Forty - Flowers Are Red


After meeting Bill, I was introduced to many musical artists that I had never heard of. One of them being Harry Chapin. Recently Bill has dusted off his “old” cds and is in a Harry Chapin mood. I even had three Harry Chapin songs on my blog until they somehow disappeared. One of our favorite songs of his is “Flowers Are Red” and that is the theme of today’s gift. Along with my flowers the note read:

“Flowers are red young man, Green leaves are green. There’s no need to see flowers any other way. Than the way they always have been seen. But the little boy said…There are so many colors in the rainbow. So many colors in the morning sun. So many colors in the flower and I see everyone.”



Today was triple gift day for me as my friends, Cheryl & Sarah, took me out to lunch. They picked me up and we headed north to Nago. The sign for this soba house is all in kanji so we refer to it as the “K” restaurant. It’s absolutely gorgeous and if you like Okinawa soba this will become your new favorite. I’m not an Okinawa soba fan but the salad, rice, papaya kimchi and cream puff were great. The view was priceless.




I could practically touch this plant from where we sat in the restaurant. We basically sat on the back porch of this restaurant that looked more like a farm home you would have seen in Okinawa many years ago.


After we ate lunch we walked around the property where all these beautiful, purple flowers were in full bloom!! Okinawa never ceases to surprise me with these wonderful treasures around every corner!! The property has several man-made waterfalls that are gorgeous and add to your eating experience.

1 comment:

Dian said...

I wish I could have been there!

Enjoy the celebration.

Dian