Thursday, April 2, 2009

Turning Forty - Dishing It Out!



Day Three of my two week celebration did not disappoint. It’s amazing what the hubs has come up with and I’m sure this one will be a fan favorite. Today’s note, with “Darling” written on it, read:


“A dirty dish in the sink causes you to fret. From now until you’re forty, there is no need to sweat. So dirty every dish, glass and knife, for Bill will wash them all, as a gift to his wife.”

Needless to say I turned to look in the sink and noticed a welcomed sight - not a single dish was left behind. I had to think a minute and then I did remember all the dishes I had left there earlier that morning - what a fun surprise!



Of course, I included pictures of all the clean dishes and our sink. Several of you had asked for pictures of our apartment so I guess I’ll share with you one day and one room at a time. I know it’s not exciting but it is my life for now!!!We do not have the luxury of having a dish washer though some apartments off-base do now. So I am the self-appointed dishwasher because I’m a little bit of a control freak in this area – wonder where I get that fun obsession from?



I have learned to live without a dishwasher but I’ve been surprised at how much I miss having a garbage disposal. I think it’s because the alternative is gross. As you can see in the picture we have a “net” that catches all the food and if you let it sit there very long than it starts to smell – need I say more!!!

3 comments:

K_dubzzz said...

WOW! I could just take a gift a year as they are each so thoughtful and wonderful! You are truly loved and cherished!

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

WOW!!! That is a HUGE gift!!!
When we became civilians again, my main request in a house was a dishwasher!!!! I have known friends that have a dishwasher that they never use...they prefer to handwash - YEAH, RIGHT??? Give me a dishwasher any day!!!

So, how big is this gift gonna get, anyway???
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love it all! I told Terry and he said he'd have to talk to Bill about raising that bar on the men... ;-)
Bill is a sweetie pie for sure!
Happy Birthday Celebrating!!

Love,
Lacey