Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Turning Forty - Smelling Like a Rose

Today I came home to a fun surprise. The hubs left me a rose with a note. I will be 40 on April 13th of this year and he has decided to start the celebration early. As you can see in the picture he included a small note card with the rose that says “Sweetie: Today begins your 2 week celebration of your 40 years of life!!” I cried, of course, as his timing was perfect. My goal is to update my blog daily so you can celebrate right along with me. What’s a birthday celebration without inviting a few friends along for the ride?


I especially love the hubs' resourcefulness: the pink egg-shaped note card holder doubles as a chocolate crunch Easter candy.


I will also go ahead and answer someone's question ahead of time in regards to the piece of furniture in the background since I have friends with great eyes and curious minds. We bought that piece a few months back, on super sale, from The Oriental Place. It is a Chinese cabinet that is only about 60 years old - they used it to store their linens and things during the off-season.

3 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

How sweet!!! I love the double duty egg...use it to it's fullest potential, my friend!!!

Kathryn said...

Larissa, that is so precious. Tell Bill he's "done good". (And ask him why he didn't give Chris a hint three years ago when I turned 40!!) :-)

K_dubzzz said...

Thank you so much for sharing your birthday gifts with us! 2 weeks of fabulous celebration for a FABULOUS woman!