Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day 2008


Another incredible day!!! I love celebrating the birth of Jesus with our friends, Okinawa style!! Living out of the United States affords us the opportunity to spend Christmas doing stuff we may not usually do in the states. We started our day chatting with some family and friends in the states. I listened in on the conversation Bill had with our God-child, Jake, and it brought me to tears, as usual. Jake was explaining, I learned later, that the families’ new van had a gaming system in it. He seemed to be more excited about that than the presents he received for Christmas.


Then we joined the Sutton family for Christmas brunch at the Butler O’ Club. Where else can you enjoy brunch on Christmas day? Since I nor Jennifer are known for our kitchen skills this was great for us!! We all got to enjoy whatever foods we wanted, visited in between bites and we didn’t have to do a single dish!!! We love that!!! After our Christmas tree photo ops we were off to visit with the Hanson family. I wish I would have taken pictures of the twins in their Christmas jammies – the polka dot number was way too cute!!!!


Then we made our way home so I could make Old Fashion Wassail, do the dishes, catch up on Facebook and feed Socks!!! Doing the dishes on Christmas day was not my highlight but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!! Once our festive drink was ready for consumption we headed to the Bales home for dinner. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn’t take pictures here, either – ugh!!! The good news is that I have the wonderful memories of fabulous food, fun and fellowship. We were blessed by friends of the Bales who sang several Christmas songs for us after dinner – they were just four of the 28 guests that enjoyed a sit-down meal organized by Melanie. She sure is the hostess with the mostess!! I seem to be very blessed by having friends who love to cook and host gatherings that I get invited to!!! Praise God for those who are not kitchen-challenged or I’d starve to death!


Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: