Monday, September 15, 2008

A work in progress!!!

I had great intentions of updating my blog today and even went as far as creating a new post. The problem is I can't figure out why I can't add the pictures I was trying to upload!! It's frustrating when you have a great idea and you can't share it with anyone. Just know that someday soon I will know what I'm doing and my updates will be more frequent and will have pictures, too!!!

I had a great day, though!! I was very productive and it was nice to stay home. I think Socks enjoyed having me around for the entire day. I chatted on the phone with Laura, missed a call from Kim (sorry!), did laundry (it doesn't get more productive than that), finished my bible study, updated my Facebook, had lunch at home with my husband, chatted with Dian, took a nap, and made some progress on the house. The most astonishing thing about my day was that we actually ate at home - this is amazing as it's only the 5th time we've eaten a meal made from our kitchen in over 3 1/2 months. I thought of the Food Network as we were preparing our "Semi-homemade" meal. Bill picked up fried rice at the golf course as he was setting up a tee time and came home and grilled steak. Amazing accomplishment at the House of Traquair!! My motto: "It almost seems criminal to eat at home when there are so many great eating establishments that we still have not discovered!!!!"

One cool thing: I have great friends who love to talk on the phone and a very patient husband who loves to eat out almost as much as I do!!!

3 comments:

Mishka said...

Larissa-make sure your picture file sizes are not too large...some of the new cameras take very huge pictures (over 3 mb). You need to reduce them by either using a feature built into your camera for blogging/emailing, or by reducing them once you have downloaded them to your computer...hope this helps. Can't wait to see some of your pics...

Blake and Hollie said...

I like your motto on eating out. My husband calls all the time from work.. not to say hey, how is your day, but to say what's for dinner :) I should say....well, where are you taking me??Ha! Sounds like you really did get a lot done. I wish I was as productive as you somedays. I feel my love affair with my computer is very distracting.

Heather Mills said...

Where abouts are y'all livin'?
Which golf course? We use to go to Awase alot....There are some great restaurants there...one of my favorites was the italian restaurant next to Tony Roma's in Chatan....
Sounds like you have gotten lots done and are on a good road...Miss ya!